Thank you to everyone who participated in the Sunday, August 25th FILMAGE Ticket Lotto! Because the response was so overwhelming (thousands of entries) The Art Theatre of Long Beach decided to let us host a SECOND SCREENING of FILMAGE that same day. So that means we now have an 11AM show and a 2PM show. Cool, right? However, that does NOT mean you can choose which screening you want to attend. Considering you all wanted to see FILAMGE at 11am, we didn't see a problem picking your show time / scheduling a few of you for the 2pm screening. Now before you jump down to read over the list of winners, please read EVERYTHING we've listed below. There's some VERY important info here that you need know before showing up on Sunday.
Here's the part that requires your FULL attention:
• If your name is on one of the lists below, you will receive a non-transferable invite via email. If your name is not on one of those lists below; you were not picked to attend a screening. Sorry.
• If your name is on the 11AM list; that means you're going to the 11AM show. We're not moving you to the 2PM show or vice versa. Please don't ask to swap shows. Not going to happen. Sorry.
• Now that we've picked the winners; we're going to send you an invite via email on Friday, August 23rd to register for your tickets. You have to register to get your tickets emailed to you. Its pretty simple procedure… you just have to read the instructions!
• These tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE. If the name on the ticket, and the picture ID that you're required to bring with you to the the theatre don't match, you don't get in. Non-Transferable means you can't give away or sell your ticket to a friend or have someone else show up in your place. They will not be able to get in. No exceptions!
• Don't share your ticket/registration info with anyone. We'll know if you did, so don't. Worst of all you you'll risk losing your tickets and the opportunity to see FILMAGE.
• Each name listed below wins a pair of tickets to see FILMAGE. Yeah, you and a guest, but not you and two guests. If you bring a third person with you in hopes of squeezing them in, please don't because they won't be getting in.
• Please do not attempt to photograph/record/film any part of the movie. If we see you record or photograph during the movie; you will be escorted out immediately with no option for re-entry.
• No outside food or beverages allowed. Show your gratitude to the theater; just buy some popcorn and snacks inside. Your movie was free, so why not splurge while you're there?
Now that we got THAT out of the way, here's the REAL important stuff:
A lot of people are coming to these two screenings, and we want to get everyone checked in as quickly and smoothly possible. If you follow the guidelines below, you'll be helping make this a pleasurable experience for all.
• Print your tickets at home, and bring them with you along with a valid photo ID. By doing this you'll get into the screening quicker and score some great seats. If you don't bring your tickets, you'll be pulled out of line, and placed into a slower line for people that didn't bring their tickets. That means you wont get into theater quickly or score great seats. You'll probably lose your place in line too. Bummer.
• Carpool with your friends or take public transportation. Parking is limited around the theater. If you know someone who also won tickets for the same showtime, please carpool together. If you live in Long Beach, please take a cab, a bus or have someone drop you off. Let's leave the parking spaces for the people carpooling/driving from far away.
• Arrive at least an hour before show time. No joke. The turnout for both screenings is going to be crazy. Arrive way early so you can secure your place in line and hopefully score a great seat inside.
• Make donations to the theater. The Art Theater of Long Beach really hooked us up. The fact they let us host one screening of FILMAGE is awesome enough, but now they're giving us a second screening. How great is that!? Show your gratitude, and please make a donation to the theater by clicking HERE.
• The Filmmakers will be in attendance. They flew all the way out from Texas to intro both shows and do a Q&A after each screening. They also brought some FILMAGE prints and shirts. Show them some love and buy some stuff!
Thank you again to all of you who participated in the Sunday FILMAGE Lotto ticket giveaway. Congrats to those of you who scored tickets... and our apologies to those of you who did not. We really wish we had more space and time to accommodate everyone, but we don't. Thank you for understanding. Don't feel bad though... I'm sure there will be another screening sometime soon. #foreshadowing
11am Screening Winners
Damien De la Torre
2pm Screening Winners
DIANA RUTH CONTRERAS
Ernest De La Puente
mario mejia popper
Kimberly O'Hara Nunez
Noel Sixtos Jr
Cao Tri Tran
PLEASE SHARE & REPOST! I am reaching out to you today with a heavy heart to share the news that our dear friend and beloved artist, Brian Ewing, has been diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. Brian has been hospitalized since early March and is fighting for his life. He has brought so much joy and inspiration through his art, and now he needs our support.